Join us and our friends from the University of Delaware’s College of Agriculture and Natural Resources for an Evening in the Garden! Last year’s event was such a hit that we’ve decided to make it an annual event!
Come out and celebrate the bounty of the University of Delaware’s Garden for the Community – a community-wide effort to grow fresh produce for Delawareans in need. Enjoy garden-fresh foods, fine wine and live entertainment from Dodging Cupid, while raising funds to help eliminate hunger here in the First State.
When: Thursday, August 12; 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Where: University of Delaware Community Garden
(Off Rte. 896 behind the Girl Scouts building in Newark)
Cost: $40/person includes dinner, wine and entertainment
(Student discount available for $15/person – must show ID)
Our garden-fresh menu includes:
- Chilled two-melon soup
- Stuffed red potatoes
- Sweet red pepper pesto with goat cheese and crostini
- Black bean cous cous with bloody butcher and yellow pear tomatoes
- Grilled garden salad platter
- Summer Italian bread salad
- FBD’s crab-layered dip with tortillas
- Roasted vegetable empanadas with a smoked tomato sauce
- Grilled chicken breast topped with a vegetable salsa
- Lemon chiffon mousse with bundt cake and fresh whipped cream
- Assorted cookies
- Peanut butter brownies